Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh so SWEET- Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Here is a brain wave I had as I was shopping at Walmart...( right now you can get 8 single packed Reese Peanut Butter cups for .97)... and I was thinking how to make use of the 5 packs I bought!
and here is how it turned out =P

I placed them on my platter with some dainty ones that I had also make ( Flowers from Saucy's Cupcake Saturday)

The icing made was the white kinda

BUT had to make up my own since I did not have all the right amounts of all the ingredients ...
so here is what I can remember - not too much measuring-

half a package of cream cheese
a splash of milk
1/2 cup butter
vanilla
icing sugar ( added til it looked right)
then iced the white flower ones... just in case the next icing didn't work

then added to the half I didn't use above

3/4 to 1 cup peanut butter
and again more icing till it was a little thicker then regular icing

decorated with one half PB cup and drizzled with melted wilton chocolate

Damon- what a smart boy! this was his comment as he cut all the PB cups for me!

"You should really tell and show that SAUCY girl... I bet she would be impressed..... they almost look as good as hers"

Well not sure on that her S'mores ones are amazing.... and without her know how and cupcake insights I would have never of known how cool making cupcakes could be
Thanks for the inspiration Saucy !

2 comments:

Saucy said...

Actually Damon, I think they look BETTER! I lurrve the way you put the candy flowers on the side in pairs. Your are a decor genius! Obviously a Cupcake Saturday GRADUATE. With honors!

Jerri-Lea said...

Those look incredible!! D is too funny!