Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Today

Busy

pretty much sums it up!

driving around the U of S looking for parking to head into the bookstore for a text {The Signed English Starter} ... almost an hour..........is what I spend trying to locate a parking spot!  So with my blood pressure about to make me POP... I went to 8th street ... BAD mistake... all power was out! (8th street @ 540pm with no lights working and only a handful of S'toon-ers knowing how to work a 4way stop!!!- NIGHTMARE

CALM BLUE OCEAN.... CALM BLUE OCEAN...

It was at that moment that I made an executive decision :
I DESERVE a Pumpkin Spice Latte

the whipped cream
the spice
the warm frothy liquid

perfect...

a few sips.. a big finger scoop of whipped topping
and I was off to my Sign class

fast paced,  but great.. we went through all the numbers 1to 20.... ABC's... ING's ... ED's.... and all the other ending with common words and 3 word sentences PLUS the "Rain, rain...go away" nursery rhyme....

now to practice! next week we have to sign "My name is______" and a 5 word sentence when we get to class.

2 comments:

Karen of the KAGS said...

You will ace the class Kari! Imagine next time the lights are out on 8th Street you'll be able to use hand signals to indicate your displeasure at the other drivers!

Jerri-Lea said...

Hope you are enjoying the class so far! Let me know if you want to practice anytime ~ I'm pretty fluent in sign language (though I still have to finger spell a few words). That's actually what my position is ~ Sign Language Interpreter/ EA.